Sunday, May 10, 2009

Feedsack Quilt

I started this quilt about 10 years ago, when I was very new to quilting.

I got it about halfway finished and stopped in frustration, packed it all in a box and hid it. For years it has been bothering me, and finally I did something about it. Or At least I started doing something about it..


Before:
Photobucket



And the back..This is when I learned all about how important seam allowance is:
Photobucket

This past week, I took a Seam Ripper to it and pulled every bit of it apart, and threw out the horrid white material I had used:
Photobucket

After several hours of picking seams and ironing, I now have a motley assortment of triangles. 10 years of this quilt mocking me, and I had the last laugh! Now to figure out what to actually do with them..

UPDATE!
Here's how the remake of this quilt is going

Update again!
The finished top

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear...looks like you have a great stack there to do something fun with. The only bad thing about taking it apart is that it does give a good history of how far you have come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a lot of good pictures, lol.. I do have a few scraps still intact..It might be fun to affix a few on the back of the quilt..and I am excited that I am finally making this into something useful.

    ReplyDelete