Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's all pieced!

Okay so I didn't get it all sewn together that day. I ran into a few problems- I had to re-piece two blocks that I somehow put together backwards. That and I had laundry screaming at me too. But It's done.
Photobucket

All I have to do now is send it off to my Quilter, Becky. Thank God for Becky! After becky works her magic on it, this quilt will go live with my mom, and have a special spot in the "grandkid's room" at her house.

Finishing this quilt meant a lot more to me than I thought. After I had the last seam sewn, I laid it out out on the floor to take a picture of it - and I cried.

Why so sappy over a quilt top? I don't usually cry over finishing one, I'm usually happy to have it done and out of my hair. But this one was more than just a sewing project. It was a huge mess that I had the chance to fix!

Here is what I started with I messed this up really bad, and it is one of those rare moments in life when you get a chance for a do over.


Most importantly, this quilt is proof that I finished a project! One thing I do not like about myself is that I had a habit of starting a lot of stuff but didn't always see it through. Heck, the main reason I started this blog was to motivate myself to finish up my UFO's! And look, it's working!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I've never cried over a quilt top yet, either. Something to look forward to, I guess! :-)

    Oh, your link is a little broken. It just has an extra bold tag at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl! I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolly good for you! The feeling is all too familiar. Stick-to-ative pays in the end. Well done!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete