Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Crochet Hello Kitty Bag

I absolutely loved this pattern! I saw it on a website, and when I started looking for the pattern, I found that the The pattern is published by Sanrio...In Japanese.

Now I don't read any Japanese, but I really wanted to try this pattern, so I tracked down the book here: Saucy Louise's Shop. The name of the book is Hello Kitty Pompom Mascots and Knit Goods Vol 14


The inside of the book looks like this:
Photobucket

Here's what I have done on the bag so far..

Photobucket

And I decided to line it with a coordinating fabric..

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. freaking adorable- now I am hiding the screen from my 4 yr old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet, I am so searching for some pink yarn in my stash:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Goodness! There is that fabulous Hello Kitty Granny Square pattern! Take my advice and start photographing and tagging some posts with "Hello Kitty Crochet" and you might start getting hits on your blog from all over the world. That's what happened to me. I'm going to see if I can get this book. An older version of the pattern has been out of print for awhile. I wonder if this is a new book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:01 PM

    Would love to have the hello kitty granny square pattern do you know a website that has it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't found the pattern on the web. It is fairly easy to get ahold of the book, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi.
    I am Anne from Norway. Do you know from where I can order the hello kitty- books?

    We don`t have them in Norway.

    I will be very happy for answer here or mail me: a-norrie@online.no
    Regards
    Anne Norrie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again!
    Well, thank you for all help, I did find the pattern:o) I`m sooooo happy!
    I want to make this bag, too. Yours are just beautifull, I love it! but now I am doing the Kitty-slippers (shoes)
    You can see the start in my blog!
    Have a nice day! Huggggs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:10 AM

      please share the pattern?

      Delete
  9. I tried to find this book I live in US do you know where I can locate it? peggy.jones@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:06 PM

    It seems the book is no longer for sale

    ReplyDelete